Microsoft has officially announced the Halo 4 limited edition along with its contents, a packshot and some bonus digital content which will be available through Xbox Live.
The Limited edition, now available for pre-order ($99.99), also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
The UNSC Infinity will act as a hub for the multiplayer which will be embedded in the fiction of Halo. As the atmosphere of the colossal space-bound starship sinks in, players will understand how their progress and in-game choices will affect their appearence, arsenal and their role. Players will be able to play as "the new hero" onboard the UNSC Infinity in the Spartan Ops game mode, the identity of this so called "New Hero" is still unknown.
Limited Edition Contents
- War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
- Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
- The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital Content also included:
- Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
- Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
- An exclusive in-game emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
- Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
Halo 4 is due to release November 6, 2012 exclusively on the Xbox 360.