Sony has announced a maintenance outage for the PlayStation Network on Thursday, January 19.
As detailed on the US PS Blog, the outage is scheduled for 8:00PM PST (11:00PM EST; January 20 4:00AM GMT/3:00PM AEST) through 9:00PM PST (January 20 12:00AM EST/5:00AM GMT/4:00PM AEST).
It’s not clear whether the outage is restricted to the US network only, or will extend to other territories.
The outage is expected to affect:
- PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP, and Media Go.
- PlayStation Network Account Management.
- PlayStation Network Account Registration.
- PlayStation Home
- Music Unlimited & Video Unlimited services
- Log-ins via us.playstation.com
As usual, if you’re already signed into the PSN when the outage begins, you should be able to maintain your session, but will still be locked out of the services already mentioned. Any trophies earned during the outage will be added to your PSN ID once normal service resumes.
No explanation was given for the outage beyond regular maintenance.