The launch of the Wii U is (probably) just two short quarters away and speculation is rife. Specifically, everybody is wondering just what games will launch with the console. Will it be a launch library equal to that of the Dreamcast and the original Xbox, or one that’s of the 3DS’ launch caliber (yes, it is still perfectly okay to rag on the 3DS’ horrible launch line-up)? Well, today Blockbuster UK may have answered that question with an emphatic, “Better than all of them!”
Today GoNintendo got sent a tip by a user named “Ben.” Said tip contained images of what appears to be Blockbuster’s internal database of titles and, more importantly, a collection of Wii U titles. A number of these have already been announced, but quite a good many haven’t yet, and as a result, may have just been outed.
Hit the jump for the complete list of titles, as well as the incriminating pictures themselves!
The titles listed are:
- Just Dance 4 (previously hinted at)
- Killer Freaks From Outer Space (previously announced, demoed at last year’s E3)
- Marvel Super Heroes
- Metro Last Light (previously announced, still delayed to Q1 2013)
- Monsters Party
- New Super Mario Bros. Mii (that’s not a typo, by the way, and you’ll remember it as one of the tech demos Nintendo showed off at E3 last year. Also, a new New Super Mario Bros. is scheduled to appear at E3)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (previously announced)
- Pikmin (previously announced, but still, squeee!)
- Rabbids Party Land
- Raving Rabbids
- Rayman Legends (previously leaked, sort of)
- Shield Pose (another tech demo showed off at last year’s E3)
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Splinter Cell 6 (previously announced, technically, but not for Wii U, which makes this news interesting)
- Sports Connection
- Your Shape 2013
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (previously announced)
- Assassin’s Creed (previously announced)
- Batman Arkham City (previously announced)
- Darksiders II (previously announced)
- Dirt 3
- Formula 1 All Stars
- Game Party
- Ghost Recon Online (previously announced)
Now, I don’t know about you lot, but I think that that is one hell of a launch list! If even half of those actually turn out to be true (or not delayed, like in Metro: Last Light‘s case), then this will still be one of the best launch line-ups I have ever seen for a console. I mean, new Mario, new Pikmin, new Rayman, new Tekken, new Splinter Cell, Arkham City, Colonial Marines… Just gimme already!
The list is still unconfirmed at this time (or debunked, for that matter), but I’m sure that we’ll all hear more at Nintendo’s E3 press conference on the 5th of June. Below is the complete collection of leaked images so you can take a look for yourself.