Bethesda has announced that the Skyrim 1.7 title update that Steam users have had since late July will be released this Thursday for consoles. The update will push to the Xbox 360 version worldwide and the PlayStation 3 version in North America. Europe will receive the PS3 update sometime next week.
For console users, this is a big deal. The PS3 version actually skipped over the 1.6 title update, which included mounted combat - a hefty addition to the grand scope of Skyrim. This title update will bring all adventurers of Tamriel onto the same level.
Release notes for title update 1.7:
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)