Today marks a major milestone for PlayStation Blogcast: The big 4-0. Woo-hoo, we’re officially over the hill! Though we’re middle-aged, we’re still spry – today’s show zigs and zags over a host of disparate topics, everything from Breaking Bad to Battleship to My Little Pony to another one of Nick’s weird movie recommendations.
Also, as part of our ongoing Origin Story series on video game careers, we speak with Associate Product Manager (and carpool buddy) David Bull to learn more about the arcane field of product marketing. This is a great segment if you’re interested in breaking into the video game industry but aren’t of a technical bent. To get a look at career opportunities at Sony Computer Entertainment America, be sure to check out our hiring site.
Of course, we also delve into next week’s North American PSN releases (including the long-awaited confirmation of NFL Sunday Ticket), answer an avalanche of thought-provoking Player Queries, and leave you with a vexing new Mystery Theme. Oh, and my mush-mouthed pronunciation produces another hilarious gem. Don’t miss the fun!
Stuff We Talked About
- Sid Shuman – PlayStation Social Media Manager
- Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
- Nick Suttner – PlayStation Sr. Product Evaluator
- Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation “Creator of Awesome”
- David Bull – PlayStation Associate Product Manager
[Editor’s note: PSN game release dates are subject to change without notice. Game details are gathered from press releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]
- Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music. Special thanks to Astro Gaming headsets for providing audio gear.